Saturday, October 18, 2008

Eddie Spaghetti - The Sauce

The Sauce is the first solo release of Eddie Spaghetti of the American rock and roll band The Supersuckers. It is a collection of country drinking songs released in 2003 on Mid-Fi Records. After the success of "Must've Been High" the band tried (and failed) to work their way up the corporate record label ladder. Spaghetti: "That was a confusing time and it really slowed us down. I felt like we were making some of our best rock ever," (true enough, 2000's "The Evil Powers Of Rock-N-Roll" (Koch) is widely considered one of the groups best records) "but the labels just kept jerkin' us around. I learned a lot about the business and about myself and what truly makes me happy about making music. And that happiness has nothing to do with what some fat-cat sitting behind a desk spending some young kid's hopes and dreams on a recoupable expense account thinks about my art" Enter Mid-Fi Recordings. "This fella named Chris Neal came scouting us for RCA. But after talking to each other after the show we both realized that we wanted something else, something outside the system. No bosses! So now Chris is The Mid-Fi Guy and The Supersuckers are more successful than ever!" Mid-Fi has enabled Eddie and the band to finally take matters into their own hands and get the music to the people. Starting with a live country record, Must've Been Live, Mid-Fi has been cranking out the product including (but not limited to) 2003's Motherfuckers Be Trippin' and Eddie's first solo record, The Sauce.
The Sauce was such a happy accident. There were a few days open at this studio here in town and I just grabbed them and knocked it out. I can't believe how happy I am with something that took so little time to create!" A stripped down acoustified collection of some of Eddie's favorite covers ("And two originals!") featuring Eddie on guitar, bass and vocals with Mike Murderburger on drums and few guests sprinkled in, The Sauce has become a fan favorite.
"I don't look at these records as something born of 'creative frustrations' or whatever typical reasons singers do these things. I see them as extensions of the story of the Supersuckers. I am and always will be a Supersucker, no matter what I do with the rest of my life, you know? That said, this record is ridiculous. It's so good. I've never been more proud of anything I've ever done. Toot-toot! Is that my own horn I'm blowing? I guess it is. Well, somebody's gotta do it!"

Tracks
.. the best of all possible worlds
.. bottom dollar
.. sleepy vampire
.. gotta get drunk
.. misery & gin
.. little ol' wine drinker, me
.. i don't want to lose you yet
.. sea of heartbreaker
.. cocaine blues
.. killer weed
.. peace in the valley
.. blue shadows on the trail

Details
.. Year: 2003
.. Country: USA
.. Bitrate: VBR
.. Home-Page: http://www.supersuckers.com/
.. Label: Mid-Fi recordings
.. BUY: www.supersuckers.com

|Hangover-Link|
http://www.linkbucks.com/link/5a952162
[[[ pass - hangover ]]]
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

No comments: