Wednesday, September 24, 2008

the Hentchmen with Jack White - Hentch-ForthFive

A first-time-on-CD reissue of the 1998 Hentch-Forth album from Detroit garage rockers THE HENTCHMEN along with friend and compadre JACK WHITE (THE WHITE STRIPES). Originally released the same day as the second White Stripes 7-inch (both records on Italy), the album's nine tracks have been remixed and digitally remastered to sound as the band and Jack had originally intended. Also included are all four songs from the Ham And Oil instrumental 7-inch, and one previously unheard gem.
Hentch-Forth.Five is a great opportunity for fans to check out the first baby steps of Jack White, who will inevitably—and hopefully—go on to become one of contemporary music’s major forces. It’s also a reminder of what a great, collaborative community the Detroit rock scene used to be and, unfortunately, the sad state in which it now exists. Even Jack White has fled his beloved hometown for Nashville. Places like the Magic Stick used to be a playground of band-swapping and shows, now it’s a place where Jack White gets in fist fights with former collaborators and fellow Detroit lead singers. So maybe this remastered anniversary release is warranted after all; a lot sure does change in 15 years.
~by Dara Kartz

Tracks
* Some Other Guy
* Psycho Daisies (Extended Axe Duel)
* Yesterday's Trash
* L.A.M.F.
* Automatic
* Gawker Delay
* Me And My Monotone
* Little No More
* Carry Me Home
* Big Screen Lover
* R&R Cancer
* Club Wagon
* Ham & Oil
* Psycho Daisies (Alternate Take)

Details
.. Year: 2007
.. Label: Italy Records
.. Country: U.S.A.
.. Bitrate: VBR
.. BUY ME: Amazon
.. Home-Page: MySpace

|Heart Attack Link|
http://www.linkbucks.com/link/1b70c186
[[[ pass - hangoverhard ]]]
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

5 comments:

Mike Bevil said...

I am 40 years old. I grew up an avid punk/hardcore record collector in NYC in the mid-80s. My 2000 record collection amassed while working at Bleeker Bob's in the Village, spending every sunday at CBGB's matinees and running a few fanzines was a stellar collection.

When I was 23 I knocked-up my girlfriend and was very poor for a while as I was trying to finish college. I was forced to sell my entire collection one day to a guy for and even $1000 cash for it all. It was a really sad day for me.

Your site (among some other great ones) has allowed me to at least get a lot of that music back and it makes me happy.

Thank you for your efforts.

Nagiants40 said...

Hey Mike sad and great story man.... Hope that I can help recover your collection again..

Cheers

toxik boys said...

Hi friends, I've donate :)

Cheers and don't forget visit my blogs ;)

Zach said...

Sweet... Always liked the White Stripes. I will have 2 check this out!

Hectorvadair said...

I saw the Hentchmen at Lyon France when this mini lp came out. And it was amazing. The mini lp is terrific. No need to be remastered for me.
Thanks for sharing anyway.
Cheers.