Monday, June 02, 2008

THORAZINE: Crazy Uncle Paul's Dead Squirrel Wedding @ VBR

Upon their 1995 debut EP Coffee, Tea or Thorazine?, Philadelphia's Thorazine brought on an array of angry, fast paced punk that's reflected upon the influences of The Avengers, The Bags and Black Flag. On top of their appreciation of motorcycles, the line-up of Jo Anne (vocals), Elliott (guitars), Ross (bass) and Dallas (drums) had the chance to sign with Hell Yeah Records, whom were eventually responsible for Thorazine's first full-length Crazy Uncle Paul's Dead Squirrel Wedding. On top of their annual schedule of touring across North America, Thorazine managed to find time to record and release their second album Vicious Circle in 1998. ~ Mike DaRonco, All Music Guide

TrAcKs
1. get out / 2. riding the train / 3. i'm not a whore / 4. starin me down / 5. glass files / 6. antiquated male / 7. drink up / 8. boiling point / 9. dog man girl boy / 10. phelixzero / 11. whe am i here / 12. go home / 13. rain / 14. away / 15. tky.

d-Link
http://sharebee.com/0b4b8b6b

{hangoverhard.blogspot.com}
=========================

3 comments:

bob of death said...

i just found a song by this band called "im not a whore" on a mordam records comp..its fucking great. do you know anything more about them?

Tim Sinclair said...

I'm actually listening to this cd right now. These guys were great. I'm sorry as hell I lost touch with them. They'd come down from Philly to sleepy Roanoke, VA and play with my band I think about 3 or 4 times. They always reminded me of the Fantastic Four of punk rock. JoAnn was a pistol and Dallas the drummer was telling me about wing chun kung fu. I didn't really rap with the guitarist or bassist much. But they always put on a great show and were always tight and on point.
They would gel like no other punk band I'd seen aside from the Ramones, who they loved. I miss the hell out of these guys and hope they're kickin' it hard. Speaking of which, I also remember the all rode motorcycles together. They were definitely the Punk Rock Fantastic Four.

punkymama said...

WOW way to make an old Punk rock Mom feel good......

Love
Jo-Ann