Saturday, April 21, 2007

SHAM 69 : (2004) The Complete Collection (Box Set)

Sham 69, one of the leading lights of Britain's late-'70s Oi movement, turned the anti-authoritarian punk of the Clash and Sex Pistols into a blunt instrument of savage grace and blue-collar sociopolitical power. They preached an often-misunderstood message of peace and unity. The hooligan element of the band's following mistook the football chant choruses and raucous power chords as expressions of ignorant proletarian violence.
I'm not a Sham 69 expert. Until I bought this a few weeks ago I'd only heard "Hurry Up, Harry", "If the Kids Are United", and my favorite, "Borstal Breakout". Those are all good songs and 70's Brit-punk is my favorite music, so I picked this up. Anyway, I'm glad I got this. The music's great, especially the first disc (minus the 1988 songs at the end).
My only question is, what do they mean by calling this "the complete collection"? The third and last CD is all live tracks, many of which I don't recall hearing on the first two CD's. A few are covers, I do realize, but most of the 3rd disc songs say they were written BY Sham 69. So, I'm thinking they were published as studio versions before they were recorded from live shows. So, where ARE those studio recordings? Is this really a "complete collection". I don't think so, but hey, it's still a good buy...by Mikey Scars (Maryland)

Tracks:
Disc: 1
1. BORSTAL BREAKOUT
2. HEY LITTLE RICH BOY
3. ANGELS WITH DIRTY FACES
4. THE COCKNEY KIDS ARE INNOCENT
5. IF THE KIDS ARE UNITED
6. SUNDAY MORNING NIGHTMARE
7. HURRY UP HARRY
8. QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
9. HERSHAM BOYS (7')
10. GIVE A DOG A BONE
11. YOU'RE A BETTER MAN THAN I
12. TELL THE CHILDREN
13. UNITE AND WIN
14. RIP AND TEAR
15. OUTSIDE THE WAREHOUSE
16. BAN THE GUN
Disc: 2
1. TELL US THE TRUTH
2. WHO GIVES A DAMN
3. NO ENTRY
4. THAT'S LIFE
5. I GOTTA SURVIVE
6. WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS
7. MONEY
8. POOR COW
9. THE GAME
10. SIMON
11. JOEY'S ON THE STREET
12. JACK
13. I'M A MAN, I'M A BOY
14. VOLUNTEER
15. THE GREAT AMERICAN SHOWDOWN
16. HOW THE WEST WAS WON
Disc: 3
1. WHAT HAVE WE GOT
2. WE GOTTA FIGHT
3. ULSTER
4. THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND
5. I DON'T WANNA
6. RIP OFF
7. TELL US THE TRUTH
8. PRETTY VACANT
9. WHITE RIOT
10. VOICES
11. WHO GIVES A DAMN
12. DAYTRIPPER
13. HURRY UP HARRY
14. LOUDMOUTH
15. GEOFFREY THOMAS
16. BLACKPOOL
** Original Recordings Remastered
** Uploaded by REBEL REBEL, THANKS MAN!!!

D** Link 1 :-))) http://sharebee.com/a8629998
D** Link 2 :-))) http://lix.in/2bb376
D** Link 3 :-))) http://sharebee.com/2a62b1b9
====================================================

3 comments:

Toxxy said...

OH WOW!! A remastered Sham box!! Gonna grab this baby RIGHT NOW!!

Hanx very much RR, super share :)

b said...

wow o wow. thanks! this is like in your face you say no i'll kick your ass awesome. :]

Jaume said...

Awesome. Thx man.
If the kids are united they will never be divided. :)